"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV
Join Wheaton alumni around the world in praying for each concern that corresponds with the date.
We invite you to pray with us to support the work of the College, and to uphold students and alumni as they live in obedience to God and His word.
- Wheaton College: to remain true to Christ and His Kingdom.
- Board of Trustees: for wisdom and understanding as they determine policy and provide spiritual direction for the College.
- President Philip Ryken '88: for the love and wisdom of the Holy Spirit as he leads the College community.
- Students: that each one may grow in knowledge, faith, and self-understanding.
- Vice Presidents and Deans: to be good stewards of time, talent, and energy as they manage the affairs of the College, encourage their employees, and administer policies and programs.
- Faculty: to help students see the unity of all knowledge in Jesus Christ; to pursue intellectual and spiritual growth.
- Alumni Board of Directors: for insight as they represent alumni concerns and support Wheaton.
- Alumni in Christian Work: for pastors, missionaries, and all God's servants who proclaim the Gospel through teaching, preaching, and administering in the growth of Christ's Kingdom.
- College Staff: that they may be satisfied and challenged in their work, encourage students spiritually, and exercise their abilities with integrity and sensitivity toward one another.
- Office of Multicultural Development: for grace and insight as they serve our students of color, and that the College more fully reflect the ethnic and cultural diversity of the Kingdom of God.
- Alumni in the Armed Forces: for the Lord's protection and strength as they serve our country.
- Chapel and Office of Christian Outreach: for student commitment to corporate worship and involvement in sharing the love of Christ throughout the Chicagoland area and around the world.
- Wheaton Graduate School: for the Kingdom preparation of students in clinical psychology, intercultural studies, Christian formation and ministry, elementary and secondary teaching, and biblical and theological studies.
- Athletic Teams: that they may experience spiritual growth through sports, share the love of Christ through actions and words, and safety in travel to competitions.
- Student Choral and Instrumental Groups: as they perform locally, nationally and internationally, that their music may be an offering to God.
- Family Life: that families of Wheaton faculty and staff grow in the knowledge of Christ and build one another up in love.
- Missionary Kids and International Students: as they adjust and become acquainted with American culture and living away from their family and friends.
- Alumni: Young alumni: that they will take comfort in God's provision for them as they make life-shaping job and family decisions. Older alumni: that they will experience God's continuing love and care for them as they run the race of faith.
- Student Financial Needs: that no one will have to leave school due to financial hardship, and for summer and part-time jobs.
- Billy Graham Center: for its effectiveness in evangelism and missions as it works to accelerate global evangelism.
- WETN: for effective Christian broadcasting on campus and in the community.
- Alumni in Civic Leadership: as they perform tangible acts of service for others, providing leadership that is both just and compassionate.
- Residence Life: that residence directors and resident assistants will have wisdom to ascertain the needs of students in the dorms and outside the classroom.
- Campus Facilities: that people who live, work, play, and worship in College facilities would take care to use them wisely and effectively.
- Summer and Off-Campus Study Programs: that students will gain wisdom and insight about God's world and grow spiritually through these experiences.
- College and Student Publications: that Wheaton magazine and ePartnerships, as well as student-run publications such as the Tower, Kodon, and The Record may all be used to honor the Lord in communicating news about Wheaton.
- Student Leaders: that they will serve the campus and fellow students wisely.
- Your Classmates: that God will work in and through the lives of your closest College friends.
- Summer Ministries: for students who go to various parts of the world and share the Gospel in word and deed through Student Ministry Partners, Youth Hostel Ministries, and Global Urban Perspectives.
- Alumni Nationals: for those who put their Wheaton education to work for fellow citizens of their native countries.
- Financial Needs: that God's people will faithfully continue to support His work at Wheaton.